Welcome to the Vertical Relief Climbing Center blog! Your source for what's going on in our little corner of the climbing world.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Vertical Relief now has Kettlebells!


Kettlebells are nothing new. I think of Kettlebells and the workouts done with them as almost caveman like. They aren’t a whole lot off from swinging a rock around but they can make you really strong. Do a google or youtube search on them and you will find endless workouts that can be done with them. The cool thing about Kettlebells is very few training tools can give you such a total body workout with so few exercises. As climbers, we rely on our core, arms, shoulders, legs etc. There are dozens and dozens of Kettlebell workouts that can give you fast results in all areas. I have been recovering from shoulder surgery for the last 8 months and the last few months have been a stage in my training to increase my overall fitness so I can come back to climbing feeling stronger and healthier than ever. Much of my training has been with Kettlebells. I really prefer them to free weights simply because the workouts are a lot more fun and interactive. In many cases, I would have to do several free weight exercises to feel how I feel after just one Kettlebell exercise. I also hate working out so the more fun I can make it and the shorter I can make the workout, the better! Vertical Relief now has 3 Kettlebells in 15lbs, 25lbs and 35lbs. That should be enough weight for most of us. Check them out but be careful... be aware of what is around you before you start a workout and listen to your body!

-Chris Tatum

No comments:

Post a Comment